Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Trip to NY and Other things

I had a great time in NY, went to my friend's wedding, met Child Ish and Moshe, visited my aunt in the Upper West Side, and enjoyed myself overall. I stayed by my friend M.A., who was my roomie in sem, and stayed over at my house two years ago for a week. M.A. came with me over to Moshe's for Friday night dinner, and got a kick out of it, though I think she was a bit horrified over the fish. Good food, good company, good conversation, and didn't get home till about 1:30 in the morning. Actually, were it not for her insistence that her mother would be worried, we might have stayed even longer, but as it was, we were exhausted too, and walking back took WAY too long. Left NY early this morning, but for those bloggers upset that they missed me, don't worry, planning on coming back to NY in December, for a bit longer stay than just a long weekend.

And the other stuff? Pictures of Mariner of course! He graduated from puppy obedience training and they had a little graduation party. Including graduation caps...the owners were thrilled about this, the dogs less so.











10 comments:

Originally From Brooklyn said...

:-) Great meeting you in person. :-)

Ookamikun said...

Next time, let's do lunch.
Neither of you got freaked out by my "shabbos robe"? Of well.

MAK said...

My mom has her own kimono. And it takes quite a bit to freak me out...unless I see a cockroach, that freaks me out easily.

Ookamikun said...

A real one? From Japan? My yukata's from China. The Japanese ones were like 3 times the price...

How about mice and rats?

MAK said...

Ha, no, her Kimono is from Epcot, y'know, the Disney Park. It was a bit expensive though.

Mice and Rats fall into the category of "Cute and Fluffy", cockroaches are in the catregory of "Creepy Bugs"

Ookamikun said...

Can't be more than the Japanese kimonos.

How about Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches?

MAK said...

You're right, I don't think it was as much as a genuine Japanese kimono, but it's very nice, nonetheless.

That would fall into "Creepy bugs" as well. If it has more than four legs, and is small and creepy-crawly, there is a very good chance it falls into "creepy bugs"

Jacob Da Jew said...

What am I, Chopped Livah? Both CIB & Moshe live in my area...me very insulted ;(

Ookamikun said...

You go for shabbat? What about kids?

MAK said...

JDJ, don't worry, I'll be back in December. Hopefully for longer.