Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Going to NY

Tomorrow I'm going to Brooklyn, NY for a friend from seminary's wedding. Staying there only till Sunday though, because I'm starting classes (again) on Monday. I just finished my semester today, and this is my "break", not very long, is it? On the other hand, only taking one class twice a week next semester, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Whenever I get into a discussion with a NYer about living in NY, I tell them I like visiting, but I wouldn't want to live there. For some reason, every NYer I have told this to, then decides to take it upon themselves to convince me how great NY is, and why I should live there instead of South Florida. I've heard it all, and I'm still not convinced. Then again, maybe I'm just biased. Both of my parents were born in NY and grew up there, and both of them hated it (which is why they moved down here obviously) so it's quite possible that I'm just brainwashed. But that doesn't mean I'm changing my mind, I love FL!

11 comments:

Originally From Brooklyn said...

My grandparents lived in NY and moved to Florida, my mother hated Florida and moved back to NY. Go figure. NY is the best ;) Florida is good too, I guess...

Mikeinmidwood said...

Too many hurricanes and tornadoes in florida for my liking.

corner point said...

Come visit :-)

How 'bout I promise not to convince you to love NY?

frum single female said...

well.. you could try out living in ny and if you dont like it just go back to florida... however, if i were you id stay in florida. the pictures you have posted make it look sooo beautiful where you are. new york is the armpit of the universe. im stuck here at the moment, but i plan on moving elsewhere when i am able to.

Katie said...

South Florida is definitely the place to be. Trust me! I wish I could live in Miami. I'm in West Florida.

Not to mention, even if you like NY, if you were raised here you would probably miss it after a week. (I did).

The Law said...

NY stinks. lived there for 6 years. my wife is from NY and when we got married we moved down here and she has never looked back...

MAK said...

Maybe I should make posts on NY more often, it certainly seemse to get more comments...
CIB - to each their own :)
MIM- Not really so much tornadoes, and lately, not many hurricanes.
Corner Point - That would be fun, and would make for a nice change!
Katie - from what a lot of people are saying, West florida is becoming the place to move to, esp. Naples!
The Law - From what I have seen, either you love NY or you hate it, not much in-between.

Jacob Da Jew said...

NY is pretty good but the scenery sucks.

Ookamikun said...

Was fun having you over.
I didn't say NY is good, I said it sux. Then again, if NY will get rid of the stupid gun laws, maybe I'll change my mind.

MAK said...

JDJ - can't really disagree with you, but after seeing the same scenery day after day, any chnage of scenery is good.
Moshe - agree on both counts, though I'm not sure a change of gun laws would change my mind.

Ookamikun said...

Congrats on getting promoted to the top list. ;-)