Thursday, July 31, 2008

30 Pound Challenge

On May 4, my mother offered me a challenge, lose thirty lbs. by September, and she would take me to NY for a whole new wardrobe. I accepted. This past week, I met and surpassed the thirty pound weight-loss goal. I'm still losing, but don't worry, I'm not anorexic or anything like that, I figure when I plateau, I'll know I've reached my ideal weight. I'm sure you're wondering, "How'd she do it? Weight loss pills? A special diet? No, I made my own "diet" I just cut down on how much I was consuming, and I do an insane amount of exercie. Two and a half hours at the gym, 1500 crunches a day... it's hard work, but incredibly worth the effort. My mother, as well as other people say I should write a journal on how I did it, but a lot of it was not so much working on the weight as it was working on myself, resolving issues I hadn't even realized I had. I found out stuff about myself that surprised me, but that I worked on and then put behind me. After that, the weight loss was easy. I had been hiding behind my weight, eating for comfort, but now that I had confronted myself, I knew I could do it. It's been a long hard road, but totally worth it. This is for my mother, who pushed me and never gave up, and for my therapist and friend who helped me look inside myself. Thank you, without you, I would not be the person I am today.

3 comments:

frum single female said...

good for you! its really hard to lose weight.

Mikeinmidwood said...

You go girl! losing weight is hard and you are doing it without a program. I am at a loss of words (maybe I drank too much this past shabbos) great job.

MAK said...

FSF: Thanks!

Mike: Thank you as well. THough I did go on Weight Watcher's for a time, I didn't feelk that it was working as it should (this was pre-challenge) and college interrupted so I stopped.