Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Story

They stood out on the docks, dressed as they were in such finery. Lisa was wearing a gown that was the height of fashion, with a lovely billowing frilly skirt. Lisa had insisted on it, and Pyro had resigned himself to the idea. Miki, of course, was thrilled, because she had never worn anything like it in her life. After all, she had been the daughter of a farmer, and farmers can’t afford fancy clothing. Lisa walked a few feet ahead while Miki and Pyro tried to keep up. “Now, when we get to the ship, don’t say a word! I’ll do the talking to the cpatain for us. Pyro, you’re going to be my brother, and Miki, I’m afraid you’ll have to play our servant.” She tossed out over her shoulder. “You really don’t look enough like us to pass for anything else.” “Well, that’s the understatement of the year,” Pyro muttered under his breath. Miki, walking beside him, over heard his comment. “Oh, I don’t mind.” She said cheerfully, her eyes dancing with amusement, but then she glared at him. “However, if you even think about treating me like a servant when we’re alone, I’ll box your ears.” And she would too. In the few weeks he had known her, Pyro had come to respect her threats, because she had a tendency to carry through with them. And while she might look small and dainty, that girl could really pack a punch! Caught up in his thoughts, Pyro almost walked straight out into the water. Only Lisa’s well timed grab stopped him from taking a involuntary swim in the harbor waters.

This is (or was) the beginning of a story that I started several months ago. I took some of the characters from a book my best friend, CJ, and I are writing. We've been writing it for the past three years, though it's been in production for more like eight years. Um...just re-read what I wrote and you probably would have no idea what is going on unless you know the background...oh well. Okay, all these characters just mentioned are Metanimii, otherwise known as witches. This takes place in 1687 in Japan at the moment. Miki is a 13 yr. old Japanese girl, whereas Lisa and Pyro are typical Americans (kind of, except for the fact that America is not a country yet) Lisa is anything but typical since she is the "daughter of the devil", actually the devil's creation. Pyro and Miki are her students. I think that's all you need to know for now. Leave a comment if there are any other questions. I might continue on with this story since it will probably never make it into the book and this is the only way I'll get it out.

No comments: