Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Playgrounds

 Playgrounds are not something that is usually at the forefront of your mind. Most of the time, you can just drive or walk past one and not think anything of it. But lately...

Playgrounds around here have been closed for the last 6 months. I miss them. My kids miss them. I never realized how necessary playgrounds were, until we no longer could use them. Now, every-time I drive past a playground, I gaze at it with sadness, wondering when we'll be able to use a playground again. Sure, there are playgrounds open a couple of counties north of us, but I shouldn't have to drive 45 minutes away just for my kids to get to play on a playground for an hour or so. I did it, just to get them out of the house and to a place where they could run around and just be kids, but I was so drained coming back, I'm not so sure it was worth it. All I ask, is please, please, please re-open the playgrounds. For our kids sanity. For our own sanity.

No comments: